School Employment Opportunities
USCCB Secretariat of Catholic Education Letter
|Diocese of Las Vegas Department of Catholic Schools|
Superintendent of Catholic Schools
Diocese of Las Vegas
P.O. Box 18316
Las Vegas, NV 89114
(702) 629-4028 ~ Fax (702) 735-8941
Welcome to the Diocese of Las Vegas Department of Catholic Schools! A Catholic education is a precious gift and teaches more than strong academics; it teaches lessons for life. The combination of a rigorous curriculum with active faith and values, prepares our students to confidently meet the challenges and opportunities of tomorrow. Families deserve the best education for their children. Our Catholic schools in the Diocese of Las Vegas provide that education!
I welcome you to spend a few moments exploring our web-site to learn more about our Catholic schools and how we can help your children reach their true potential. Our principals and admissions officers will give you the personal attention you deserve as you make this important decision for your children. In addition, please feel free to contact the Diocese of Las Vegas Department of Catholic Schools for additional information.
Our Unified Mission
We, the Catholic Schools of the Diocese of Las Vegas are Christ-centered communities dedicated to the faith formation, academic excellence, and individual growth of our students. We believe that every student is a child of God, and is deserving of an opportunity for the best Catholic education possible.
Our Collective Commitments
The overall mission of Catholic education is to teach the Gospel and to model Jesus Christ. United in the belief that our children are the future of the Church and society, we join with parents, the primary educators, in placing the child at the center of the educational process.
Welcoming and inspiring all students, Catholic Schools in the Diocese of Las Vegas:
Are an integral part of the Church’s mission to teach young people how to live and proclaim the Gospel message;
- Serve families who desires a Catholic education for their children while building a community of faith among home, school and parish;
- Partner with parents and guardians in educating children in the Catholic faith;
Embrace cultural diversity, reflective of the world in
which our students will live and work;
- Embrace cultural diversity, reflective of the world in which our students will live and work;
- Provide vibrant, innovative, 21st century learning environments where students are given frequent opportunities to think critically, problem solve, and work collaboratively;
- Engage students in a rigorous and challenging curriculum that supports high levels of student achievement;
- Respond to the unique needs and talents of each student by adjusting and adapting the curriculum and teaching strategies to meet individual abilities and learning styles;
- Foster self-esteem, leadership, and personal responsibility in safe, healthy and respectful learning environments;
- Serve the needs of the poor, marginalized, and vulnerable through instruction and service opportunities;
- Honor the unique identity of each school while acting as a collaborative community to ensure the vitality and viability of all schools.